Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Altec 828 Fiberglass Resin Resonance Taming

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec 828 Fiberglass Resin Resonance Taming


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Plans I doubt. All we had were working drawings and they probably are long lost.

    Pics I'll see. we did use them for one local community festival and all those were documented by some friends.
    Bear in mind we are going back to about 1974.

    Last I remember of them we hab abandoned the water idea and had filled them with mix and pour urethane foam. They didn't work as well that way. We only used them for about 3 gigs, they just were not vey practical.

    I'll try a paper search, this is back before everything was put on disk. To compound things, I'm living out of boxes at the moment. I'm still maintaining the place in town, most things have been moved to the farm.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member bigjunglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there Old Guy. That's OK, let it pass. I doubt I'd go that way any way. However, if you ever run across the papers and of pictures, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be interested in seeing them.

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec 828 Fiberglass Resin Resonance Taming


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    If you want to see a similar concept, see if you can find info on the Community Light and sound Leviathan. The ones we built were bigger, and of course the community's weren't water ballasted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.